The Hunger Games sequels are filming as we speak and was one of the biggest blockbusters of the year as well as of all time. When I get tired of a song, I start making up my own lyrics to it. That’s pretty much what happens in this 3 minute short film version of The Hunger Games.
Psy is fast becoming a household name and the first Korean musician from the K-Pop era to break through in the U.S. with his “Gangnam Style” song. It’s gotten over 200 million views on Youtube making it the most viewed video in the history of the site. It’s also currently the #1 single on Itunes.
Another wedding starts an unexpected viral sensation, this time featuring One Direction.
As if the pre-wedding fun wasn’t enough, paired bridesmaids and groomsmen entered the reception performing PSY’s now iconic ‘Invisible Horse Dance.’
The music may be the catchiest thing you’ve heard all year but since he sings entirely in Koran, most of us have no idea what PSY is rapping about. He was kind enough to clear up what “Gangnam Style” really means.
The K-Pop singer, Psy is fact becoming a household name as his “Gangnam Style” video has swept the viral world with over 110 million Youtube views and just got signed by Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun. He told the L.A. Times, “we’ve come to an agreement to make some history together. [To] be the first Korean artist to break a big record in the United States.”
What if inside this viral sensation lurks a deeper social commentary? The residents of Gangnam are South Korea’s one-percent and Psy offers a “subversive message about class and wealth.”
The crazy 12 year struggle of Justin Bieber to become a world-wide phenom has been grueling, I’m sure. Take after take for the YouTube videos, having to clean his bedroom, and even enduring long days of being grounded by his mother. All before he was discovered by Scooter Braun, his current manager. This new (fake) biopic of his life, chronicles the day to day struggle from the hoods of Ontario, Canada to super pop stardom.
We’ve all had some pretty stupid ideas when we were intoxicated. I’m sure we all fallen victim to the phrase, “hold my beer, watch this!” One man in Georgia found himself in the ICU burn Unit after betting his friends he could set his head on fire. The good news is he won the bet. The bad news is the ER bills were probably way more than the $5-$10 bucks his friend was gonna cough up.
There are songs that we can’t help but to have a love/hate relationship with. Gotye has become a worldwide phenomenon with his big hit “Somebody I Used To Know”. The songs is currently the #1 selling single of 2012 and has hit #1 on the Billboard charts. It’s also garnered Gotye 9 ARIA Music Awards including Song Of The Year, Best Video, and Best Male Artist. He’s also up for 3 Teen Choice awards this year as well, one for being the best Breakthrough Artist of 2012.
- The Best & Worst Of The... CBS Radio Hosts The Carolina... Imagine Dragons Kicks Off... The Cam Newton Foundation...
- The Most Obscure &... Rihanna Takes Her Diamonds... Capital Cities Meets Fans... Play Anything Day At Angel...
- Angel Arrives At The Angel... Drex & Maney's Hometown... Reese Witherspoon: From... Drex & Maney's Hometown...
- One Direction Wax Figures... Meet Angel Thompson, The Face... Explosions At The Boston... The MTV Movie Awards Red...
Show Us Your Spring Fever!
- Most Community-Centered Bookstores In Charlotte
- Best Budget Fitness Classes In Charlotte
- Best Breeders In Charlotte
- Amateur Night: Best Places To Take The Stage In Charlotte
- Pick-A-Side: Which Is Your Favorite Picnic Food?
- Best Part-Time Summer Jobs For Teens
- Best Grilling Gadgets For Your Summer Cookouts
- Ask A Charlotte Chef: Best Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes
- Best Places To Buy Gifts For Grads In Charlotte
- Pick-A-Side: Who Is The Worst TV Mom?