People Told To Stop Calling 9-1-1 When Facebook Crashed
I’m calling it “The Great Facebook Blackout of 2014.” There was about 45 minutes where Facebook was completely down and users who tried to log on where given a generic error message and told to check back soon. It seems some people were so distraught they called 911 to report the problem.
Facebook went down around 12pm (ET) on Friday afternoon and it sent users into a panic on many levels. I mean, heaven forbid we actually interact…… in person! It seems some felt this was an emergency of sorts and called 911 in several counties.
One sergeant in L.A. County had to tweet out for people to stop calling 911 to report that Facebook was down writing, “#Facebook is not a Law Enforcement issue, please don’t call us about it being down, we don’t know when FB will be back up!”
Are we really this desperate and attached to social media?? WTH?! This really makes me lose almost my entire faith in humanity!
This is what I assume those 911 calls may have sounded like:
Other Posts You Might Like
- Top 10 Unspoken Rules Of Living In The South
- 9 Best Actual Meanings Behind A Woman’s Text Message
- 3 Things To Do Today To Begin Your Journey To Happy
- Back To School Shopping: How To Get More Bang For Your Buck
- 5 Crazy Plays By A Shortstop You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Ways Life Would Be Better If Kids Ruled The World
- Top 10 Feel Good Country Songs
- The Six Types of People You’ll Find On Social Media
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them