Top 5 Things Men And Women Think About On The First Date
There’s a reason the book ‘Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus’ was published — men and women have several differences, and these come into play during a first date.
The first date is really a formality. While it may seem innocent, a first date is like a job interview, so-to-speak. In-between the “getting to know each other” part of the date, you will be asked a series of questions — you will be analyzed and observed … and if you falter, you can kiss that second date, and any chance of a relationship, goodbye.
It sounds awful, doesn’t it? Relax. With the right strategy, you can “wow” your date, and score a second date. It definitely helps knowing what your date is thinking about during your first official encounter. Therefore, we’ve compiled a list of the things men and women think about during the first date.
1. A man will know within the first five minutes if the date is headed in one of two directions. He will evaluate the female to see if she is someone who is long-term relationship material, or if she is someone who he is looking to have a one night stand with. He will adjust his strategy accordingly.
2. Don’t let guys fool you, men care deeply about what their buddies think of their choices, including the girl on his shoulder. While the guy is chatting you up, he is going to wonder if his buddies will approve of you. He will also wonder if you are someone he could introduce to his parents, especially his mom.
3. Believe it or not, the first date is not all about him, in his mind. He will also wonder about your friends, and he will want to make a good first impression so that you don’t have another first-date nightmare story to tell your friends.
4. He will wonder if you’re high maintenance. Being high maintenance is a no-go in terms of landing that second date. Men don’t want a diva on their hands, they want someone they can relate to, not someone they have to cater to.
5. During the first date, he is going to try to read your thoughts. He more than likely won’t succeed, because as us gals know, men are terrible at trying to figure us out. The best thing that you can do is try not to confuse him. If you really like him and are interested in going on a second date, act accordingly. Being standoffish or trying to play it cool will confuse him and make him wonder whether or not you are even interested in dating him.
1. A women will evaluate the man she is out on a first date with for a good 10 to 15 minutes before she realizes that she either likes him, or that she can’t wait to get away from him. She may already have a escape route planned. It could be a friend calling in with an “emergency,” or she excuses herself from the table to “powder her nose,” never to return.
2. She will wonder if he thinks he is going to get lucky on the first date. Depending on what she is looking for, this can either work against the guy, or in his favor.
3. As the date progresses (if it progresses,) she will wonder if the guy is going to pay. If he offers or insists to pay at the end of the date, she will most likely find the gesture very sweet. However, if she’s the independent type, she may suggest that the two of you split the bill. This is dangerous territory for her though, and could cost her a second date. Some men are actually insulted when a woman offers to pay, while other men have no problem with splitting the bill, or they actually prefer it — especially if they are out on a date with a girl they are not crazy about.
4. She will wonder about your ex-girlfriends, in particular, your last girlfriend and how long (short) it’s been since you’ve been in a relationship. This is of importance because she doesn’t want to be the rebound girl — the girl you use to get back at your ex or make her jealous, or the girl who you will punish for all the things your ex did to you.
5. She will wonder what your intentions are, if you are mentally stable, genuine, sincere, and someone she can take home to dad. She will also wonder about your career, and the line of work you are in. She will answer these questions in her mind based on your interactions. The best thing you can do is be yourself, and hope that by being yourself you’ve given her a glimpse at the kind of guy she is looking for.