The 2012 summer Olympics in London are coming to a close this weekend. As of Friday afternoon the U.S. is leading the medal count with 92. We have 41 gold, 25 silver, and 26 bronze! There where many very triumphant moments this year including Gabby Douglas being the first African-american woman to win the overall gymnastics gold, as well as, Michael Phelps becoming the most decorated athlete in Olympics history by winning his 22nd medal. There have also some less than triumphant moments.
Here are the Top 5 worst Olympic FAILS for 2012:
5. The English apparently hate us as they FAILED to attach our flag well during the Gold Medal ceremonies for tennis.
4. Cuban pole vaulter Lazaro Borges’ pole snaps in three during scary incident at London’s Olympic Stadium
3. Nastia Liukin had the first major fail in the Olympic trails for the uneven bars when she face planted on the mat .
2. Stepan Feck of Germany recieved the crown of WORST Olympic Dive in History after this back flop.
1. OOOUCH!! South Korean Olympic weightlifter Jaehyouk Sa was forced to abandon the competition today after his elbow snapped back while he was attempting a 162kg lift.
Here’s a little extra FAIL from the cable company!! You’re welcome ladies!