Anderson Cooper finally admitted what we all would’ve guessed, he’s gay! In a lengthy email to his friend who writes for the Daily Beast, he said “The fact is, I’m gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud.” His coming out was due to an article written by Entertainment Weekly about the emerging trend of people coming out as gay.
He did say that he wasn’t hiding anything from the public but didn’t feel like it was important to his job as a reporter to disclose his sexuality. He said, “As long as a journalist shows fairness and honesty in his or her work, their private life shouldn’t matter. ” I agree that it shouldn’t matter. I have no problem with his sexuality and I’m glad he’s out with it and happy. However, it’s pretty much the “Captain Obvious” news of the day.
Here are 5 other news stories I wasn’t shocked by this year:
5. Snooki From Jersey Shore Pregnant (Ok…so I thought it would be an STD but one or the other was bound to happen!)
4. Tom Cruise And Katie Holmes Divorcing (Seriously…. she hasn’t smiled in a picture since ’06)
3. Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Dating (She ran through all the athletes so rappers were next logical step)
2. Octomom Does Porn (Never Watching That One!)
1. Lindsay Lohan Found Unconscious In a Hotel Room (That was bound to happen sooner or later)